Posted on 12 August Wednesday, 2020
• Encourage patients and care givers to use Tele consultation for regular follow up. First consultation can be initiated using tele consultation.
• Segregation of oncology services from COVID area including the Operation theatre[operation theatres , ITU,ICU to follow COVID 19 protocols].
• Periodic Covid 19 awareness webinars for the healthcare workers
• To maintain proper COVID-19 prevention etiquettes in the hospital premises for all the health care workers , patients , care givers like
o wearing a proper mask with face shield
maintain social distancing between the health care worker ,patients and care givers.
o frequent washing of hands with soap and water and hand cleaning with sanitizers.
o Self examination by the patients,health care workers and care givers regarding any symptoms of COVID-19 and by giving awareness to the patient, care givers and health care workers regarding self examination for any COVID-19 symptoms.
o Health Care Workers should maintain proper work culture like reporting when there is fever and taking adequate preventive measures. If in home quarantine -to follow the proper rules of home quarantine.
• Proper cleaning of OPD’s, IP wards , operation theatres and other hospital premises with hypo chloride solution.
• Testing of the patient ,care givers , exposed health care worker and symptomatic health care workers with the Rapid Antigen test, RT PCR and antibody testing periodically according to the treatment schedule.[follow ICMR protocol].